I thought this was going to be the most fun and easy lesson to teach, but again, there is never as much time in Primary as I think. This week was especially bad. We had about a million announcements, had to go over a new Article of Faith, had a message from the bishopric, had birthdays and visitors too. In short, I had about 5 minutes or so by the time I started into my lesson – not enough to cover this all. For the first time, I ran over time. Just getting the kids into their scriptures (something we are really trying to do in our primary – kids opening their own scriptures to find them and read along) for the first scripture took about 3 minutes and they had only just barely mostly found the other three scriptures (from the scripture chase activity) when my time was basically up – good thing I had them look them up as classes or we would not have even gotten that far. We quickly went over about 2 “How?”s or “When?”s and sent them off to class. So much for talking about the story of Alma teaching the Zoramites! I am excited though – now I can re-use this for a FHE lesson with my kids soon and they won’t feel like they just heard it all in primary!
This is a fun lesson to allow everyone to get into the scriptures and give you a chance to testify that we can ALWAYS pray. This lesson is about HOW and WHEN to pray. It has pictures to go along with the story of Alma’s mission to teach the Zoramites. Enjoy!
Most of the pictures I used were not my own. I found then from lds.org and commons.wikimedia.org. Please do not redistribute any of these materials without checking the license of the particular pictures. And like always, the material I have created and provided here is for use in personal or educational purposes, but may not be used commercially in any way without specific permission requested from me. I hope you can enjoy.
- The sheep picture was contributed by I, Sogning and can be found at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sheep_in_norwegian_mountain.jpg
- The house is located at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gablefront1.jpg
- The closet is on http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wall-closet.jpg
- The wilderness picture came from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Scapegoat_Wilderness.jpg
- The morning/afternoon/evening picture was my own creation and is available in SVG format by request if needed
- Th faith picture is from http://lds.org/friend/1993/11/alma-teaches-about-faith?lang=eng&query=faith+seed
- All other pictures came from http://lds.org/friend/1993/09/the-zoramites-and-the-rameumptom?lang=eng&query=alma+zoramites